The Spectrum III Hybrid Insert Reader is a vandal resistant, 1,000,000 card cycle reader that decodes up to three tracks of magnetic data as well as reads and writes to smart cards. This industry standard footprint insert reader is the same rugged & vandal resistant design used throughout the world in self-service, payphone, and banking applications for more than a decade. The Spectrum is available with multiple bezel, chassis mounting options, and numerous communication interfaces. The Spectrum III Hybrid reader is approved to Terminal Level 1, EMV2000 specification. Spectrum III chassis, molded from an engineering plastic and with landing style smart card contacts, provides reliability and durability in any self-service application
- Reads and writes to memory and CPU (T=0 & T=1) smart cards
- Decodes up to three tracks of magnetic data on ISO 7811 cards at speeds of 3 to 50 IPS
- Superior reading of high jitter, scratched, and worn MagStripe cards
- Operating life exceeds 1,000,000 card cycles
- Terminal Level 1, EMV 2000 approved
- Landing style smart card contacts
- Durable engineering plastic molded chassis
- Options: Latch, Debris Gate, up to 5 SAM sockets, Bezels, Interfaces, mounting and operating temperature options
- One year warranty
Warranty & Return
Warranty & RMA Information:
- Warranty period varies by Manufacturer and Product Range
- Contact us for Warranty specifics for your product
- Contact our RMA department to requesting an RMA (310) 837-5888
- The serial number of your defective product must be provided before we can process the RMA. Serial number can be found on the product label.
- Upon submittal of an RMA request, an email will be sent to the email address provided with instructions on returning the defective product/s.
- Shipping: The customer will only pay for incoming shipment Manufacturer will pay for return shipment (Standard ground service). Charges may apply for expedited shipping.
- Repair turn around time varies by Manufacturer and Product Range.
Non-DOA Returns Policy – All products
- NO open box returns for non-DOA products. Product box must be clean and undamaged, with no marks of any kind. This includes writing, stamps, or shipping labels, i.e., written RMA numbers. All products must be double boxed.
- Original manufacturer’s packaging, both inside and outside must be used. Returns must be complete with all manuals, cables, warranty cards, static bags, etc., just as the customer received them.
- Customers have 30 days from date of invoice to request a non-DOA return. The RMA number issued is valid for 30 days from issue date.
- There will be a restocking fee on returns resulting from customer error.
- Non-DOA configured product may not be returned.
- Products that show signs of use are not returnable to Peripheral Resources as non-DOA.
- For customers on credit terms, credit will be applied to your account when the product is received by Peripheral Resources.
- Customer is responsible for freight costs when returning product.
DOA Returns Policy
- Refer to manufacturer’s warranties and returns policies.
- If the product is tested and the problem is not duplicated, there may be a No Problem Found fee charged to the customer.
- For customers on credit terms, credit will be applied to your account when the product is received by Peripheral Resources. Replacement product will be sent once DOA item has been received.
- For customers on C.O.D. or credit card status, replacement product will be sent upon receipt of product by Peripheral Resources. If desired, we will send replacement product at your normal C.O.D. or credit card status and you can request a refund or credit to your card when Peripheral Resources receives the returned product.
Download Data Sheet