The Spectrum III Mag-Only Insert Reader (MOIR) is a vandal resistant, industry standard design, which decodes up to three tracks of magnetic data. Available in a standard or flush mount bezels and numerous communication interfaces, the Spectrum III MOIR is ideal for heavy usage, self-service applications requiring a rugged insert reader. The Spectrum III MOIR configuration software allows easy programming so that the data format and intelligent interface output can be programmed & configured to match application and communication requirements
- Reads 1, 2, or 3 tracks of magnetic information
- Swipe speed of 3 to 50 IPS
- Operating life exceeds 1,000,000 card cycles
- Superior reading of high jitter, scratched, and worn MagStripe cards
- RS232, Keyboard wedge, USB Keyboard, USB-CDC communication interfaces
- Card present & seated sensors, debris gate, & many bezels options
- Extended Temperature options
- One year warranty
- Dual head option available
Warranty & Return
Warranty & RMA Information:
- Warranty period varies by Manufacturer and Product Range
- Contact us for Warranty specifics for your product
- Contact our RMA department to requesting an RMA (310) 837-5888
- The serial number of your defective product must be provided before we can process the RMA. Serial number can be found on the product label.
- Upon submittal of an RMA request, an email will be sent to the email address provided with instructions on returning the defective product/s.
- Shipping: The customer will only pay for incoming shipment Manufacturer will pay for return shipment (Standard ground service). Charges may apply for expedited shipping.
- Repair turn around time varies by Manufacturer and Product Range.
Non-DOA Returns Policy – All products
- NO open box returns for non-DOA products. Product box must be clean and undamaged, with no marks of any kind. This includes writing, stamps, or shipping labels, i.e., written RMA numbers. All products must be double boxed.
- Original manufacturer’s packaging, both inside and outside must be used. Returns must be complete with all manuals, cables, warranty cards, static bags, etc., just as the customer received them.
- Customers have 30 days from date of invoice to request a non-DOA return. The RMA number issued is valid for 30 days from issue date.
- There will be a restocking fee on returns resulting from customer error.
- Non-DOA configured product may not be returned.
- Products that show signs of use are not returnable to Peripheral Resources as non-DOA.
- For customers on credit terms, credit will be applied to your account when the product is received by Peripheral Resources.
- Customer is responsible for freight costs when returning product.
DOA Returns Policy
- Refer to manufacturer’s warranties and returns policies.
- If the product is tested and the problem is not duplicated, there may be a No Problem Found fee charged to the customer.
- For customers on credit terms, credit will be applied to your account when the product is received by Peripheral Resources. Replacement product will be sent once DOA item has been received.
- For customers on C.O.D. or credit card status, replacement product will be sent upon receipt of product by Peripheral Resources. If desired, we will send replacement product at your normal C.O.D. or credit card status and you can request a refund or credit to your card when Peripheral Resources receives the returned product.
Download Data Sheet